Our lives wouldn’t be the same without our beloved pets. They are our loyal companions, and most of the time, our emotional support. We care for our pets, but we also have to consider the financial pressure that comes with it.
Don’t leave a hole in your wallet. Pet insurance can help you cover costs to care for your pet’s needs. Many pet plans are tailored to your pet, based on factors like age, breed, health, and more. These also factor in when determining the cost of your pet insurance.
Most veterinary offices require payments upfront. Which is why many pet insurances work with reimbursements only. We understand how much financial pressure is to your wallet and your heart. Do not panic; there are insurance companies out there that have direct payment options.
We’ve curated a list of some of the pet insurance companies that offer a direct-payment option:
1. Pets Best
Pets Best is a pet insurance company that lets you care for your pet without caring about costs. Direct payment is available on all Pet Best’s insurance plans. But it requires extra paperwork. (Worth it, if you ask your bank account). Here’s what you have to do:
- Talk to your vet. Pets Best requires your veterinarian to agree to be paid directly by the insurance company.
- You must send a release form and a claim to Pets Best with both signatures (yours and your vet’s). You can send these through the app, email, or fax.
- Your vet will receive the payment within five days.
You can download the release form here. Keep in mind you still have to submit a claim. The amount due will go directly to your veterinarian within five days. Keep in mind that you must cover for any deductible or copay payment at checkout.
Just like pets Best, Pet Plan also requires your vet to agree to direct payments form the insurance company. Here are the steps:
- Get your vet to agree.
- Once approved, your vet must send a written approval from you and the vet. This letter must come from the veterinary office directly. Email or hand-written are also accepted.
- Once your insurer has the letter of approval, you must send a claim and the receipt with the amount due.
- PetPlan will take care of the rest.
You are responsible only for your portion of the payment upon check out. The refund will be sent directly to your vet’s office within 30 days from submitting the claim and receipt.
3. Healthy Paws
Healthy Paws also offers direct payment for your furry friend’s treatment. This pet insurance can only process direct payments if your vet agrees to it. However, if your pet doctor does not agree with direct payments, the reimbursement process is easy. No claim form required. Just go online or to your Healthy Paws app and fill out the information, simple as that.
Lastly, Trupanion is a pet insurance company that pays your vet directly within minutes. Only cover your portion of the bill, and Trupanion takes care of the rest. That is if your vet appears in their veterinary directory. The insurance company has a nationwide network of veterinarians that accept direct payments. The process is simple:
- Take your pet to the vet.
- Upon checkout, the veterinary hospital will submit a claim directly to Trupanion.
- Pay your portion of the bill.
- Go home without thinking about reimbursements. Your insurer will take care of the rest.
As a pet parent, your job is to take care of your pets. The insurance companies above are some of the many companies out there that can help you look out and cover your pet’s expenses. It is your job as a pet parent to choose the plan that will best benefit you, your loyal friend, and your wallet. Keep your wallet happy and your pets healthy.
Also Read: Pet Insurance, Just the Facts